If you’ve ever considered straightening your teeth but have hesitated to pursue treatment, we’d love to talk to you about why you’ve put it off. We suspect your trepidation has something to do with the commitment that orthodontic treatment demands, and we’re ready to offer you something different. Alternative orthodontic treatment aims to straighten teeth without forcing the metal braces experience on patients. With the Invisalign system, you’ll be able to straighten your teeth without undergoing the frustration of braces. These clear aligner trays will gradually straighten your teeth without hampering your life.
How Invisalign Works
While many refer to Invisalign as “clear braces,” it actually consists of a series of clear aligner trays; you won’t have brackets bonded to your teeth. If you’ve ever had a personal whitening tray or a night guard, you won’t find Invisalign too unfamiliar. Invisalign trays fit snugly against your teeth, concealing themselves and allowing your smile to show through. The basic steps toward straightening with Invisalign include
- Consultation. Before you begin treatment, we will determine how many aligners you will need and how long your treatment will last. Our Hinsdale dentists will make detailed models of your teeth, from which your Invisalign aligners will be made.
- Receiving Trays. Aligners will be dispensed to you several at a time, so that you needn’t visit the office as often as with metal braces.
- Regular Appointments. We will schedule regular appointments to monitor your progress and dispense new aligners, typically every 6 weeks.
- Switching Trays. You will switch to new aligners at home when it is appropriate.
- Oral Hygiene. Your oral hygiene is crucial during Invisalign treatment. Brush and floss before replacing your trays after eating.
- Wearing Trays. Though this seems simple, it’s important that you wear your aligners for 20-22 hours per day. Wear them consistently to see the planned results within the appropriate amount of time.
Straight Teeth Without Compromise
When compared to metal braces, Invisalign requires less work and allows your smile to go unobstructed. Don’t hesitate to straighten any longer – schedule an Invisalign consultation today.